Hi! I’m Kendra Hackenberg, founder of The Sleepytime Consultant. Sleep is so important for parents and their children, which is why I am passionate about helping to improve sleep outcomes. I know first-hand how a lack of sleep can impact a person’s everyday activities, health, happiness, and overall quality of life. Once sleep is restored, the rewards are numerous – not the least of which are that parents can enjoy their children more, relationships improve, and families are stronger and better functioning. I love helping families get their lives back!
My professional background is in Education, which dovetails nicely with my current work as a Sleep Sense Consultant. I received my Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education from the Pennsylvania State University; as well as a Masters degree in Reading Specialization from Johns Hopkins University. Also, when I became a first-time mom, my experience as a Division I Swimmer made me feel confident that I could handle the early morning wake-ups with a newborn. But, motherhood made the intensity being a student/athlete seem like a walk in the park! I now have two young children of my own and with both, I have seen the benefits of the Sleep Sense Program!
I feel so fortunate to be able to apply my educational background and current sleep training as a Sleep Consultant. My goal is to empower parents and impart them with the skills and strategies to instill healthy sleep habits in their babies – an investment that continues to pay off well beyond infancy and into childhood. If you are ready for a change (or even just contemplating change!) – I would love the opportunity to design a plan that works for your family.
Amber Oliver is a married mother, IBCLC and blogger residing in Maryland. As a lactation consultant she enjoys going into the community to assist moms where resources lack, as well as offering her service to any mom in need of them. Her straight to the point education is her way of ensuring moms have the reputable facts of breastfeeding and she also offers emotional support as a peer to her clients as well. She also prides herself as a lactivist and advocate for minority breastfeeding education.
Her own struggles with perinatal and postpartum depression also led to her passion of advocacy for Maternal and Minority Mental Wellness. She utilizes her blog platform to raise awareness and highlight the transparent stories of moms who have also experienced and overcome maternal wellness struggles.
Follow Amber on IG at @LookWhatLoveMade
Ria Arnold is the founder of Spaces for Healing. She is a mother, visual storyteller, yoga instructor, and birth and postpartum doula. It is important to her to uphold the village concept and aid in providing a safe space for families to reclaim and write their own narratives centered around health, pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum experiences.
Having a background in social work, she is extremely passionate about the mental well being of the family especially after welcoming a new baby into the home. She also enjoys providing Blessing Way and Sacred Moon ceremonies.
Gay Browne is an environmental advisor, author, and Founder of Greenopia, a comprehensive guide to green businesses. It originated as a print-guide series in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York, and rapidly expanded nationwide through the launch of Greenopia.com. Greenopia is currently revamping its business criteria and will re-launch at the end of 2018, with a membership-based business directory, an accompanying mobile app, a daily financial tracker to monitory eco-purchases, and a green financial rewards program.
Greenopia has over fifty rated categories of businesses that range from restaurants to nail salons to burial services. This criterion is based on life cycle analysis principles, tracking impacts from material extraction, manufacturing, packaging, transportation, usage and disposal as opposed to just one supply chain area of a business or product. It also includes social concerns and other ethical considerations found in Environmental, Social, and Governance, (ESG). Through this process, Greenopia takes the guesswork out of sustainability and helps people make healthy, green decisions in their everyday lives.
Gay’s green journey was inspired by her own health challenges. As a former asthma sufferer, she began to search for ways to improve her family’s living environment, and in 1994, she constructed the first green home in Pacific Palisades. In sourcing and working with contractors, interior designers and furniture dealers, she soon realized that there was a wealth of green options, but no simple resource for locating them.
Prior to her work with Greenopia, Gay enjoyed a successful 15-year career in advertising and public relations with various publishing companies including American Express Publishing and Times Mirror. In addition to her role as at Greenopia, she writes a regular blog that is housed on, gaybrowne.com, and is featured on Thrive Global and The Huffington Post. Gay is the Chief Sustainability Officer at Arena Growth Holding, providing growth capital for the next generation of sustainable innovation. Gay is a trustee for Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.’s environmental organization, Waterkeeper Alliance, and serves on the advisory board for the safe soil movement, Kiss The Ground. She serves on the Ford Motor Company Sustainability Council and she recently joined the Advisory Board at Earth Protect TV (EPTV), a new video-on-demand media platform launching in 2019.
Additionally she has served as a Board Member for: Grounded, The Hum Sum, Women for Women, the French Heritage Society, P.S. Arts, St. Andrew’s School in Delaware, and the Los Angeles Women’s Foundation, and has been the events co-chair for Environmental Working Group (EWG), and was an eco-spokeswomen for Clorox, and an advisor for Ketchum Public Relations. In 2015, Gay completed Harvard’s Advanced Leadership Initiative Program (ALI), where she furthered her mission of bringing sustainability and personal environmental health to national prominence. Gay is currently working on a book, Living With A Green Heart that will be released in the First Quarter 2019.
Gay’s passion and commitment have led her to receive numerous awards and recognition. In 2008, Gay was honored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) by receiving the annual Climate Protection Award in recognition of her outstanding work fighting climate change. In 2009, she was presented with the Faith 2 Green Environmental Business of the Year award. That same year, Gay was chosen to speak at the Green Inaugural Ball, welcoming President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden to the White House. Gay frequently appears in print, on the radio, and national television.
In her spare time, Gay enjoys hiking, tennis, golf, yoga, meditation, art restoration, freelance writing, traveling and spending time with her three children. Gay currently lives in Santa Barbara, California.
• Faith2Green Honoree’s presented with special certificates from the Los Angeles City Council in City Hall Chambers during the city council meeting. (April 2009)
• Recipient of the 2009 Environmentalists of the Year Award from The Coalition on the Environment and Jewish Life of Southern California and the Los Angeles City Council. (April 2009)
• Recipient of the 2008 Environmental Protection Agency’s Climate Protection Award which “recognizes exceptional leadership, outstanding innovation, personal dedication, and technical achievements in climate protection.”
• Los Angeles Times Best Seller List for Greenopia Los Angeles (Paperback, Nonfiction, March 2007)
• 2007 Green Prize for Sustainable Literature for Greenopia Los Angeles (Adult Honorable Mention, Nonfiction, Santa Monica Public Library)
Board and Chair Positions
• Grounded Board Member
• American Climate Leadership Summit 2019 Steering Committee Member
• Center For Environmental Health Women Leading Green Committee Member 2018
• The Hum Sum Board Member
• Eco Women Alliance Member
• The Regeneration Member
• Gay is the Chief Sustainability Officer at Arena Growth Holding
• Earth Protect TV (EPTV) Advisor
• Co-Founder of The Regeneration
• Environmental Working Group Committee Co-Chair
• Kiss The Ground Soil Regenerative Organics Board Member
• Ford Motor Company Sustainability Council
• Waterkeepers Alliance Trustee
• Friends of Heritage Preservation Board Member
• Casa del Herrero Development Board Member
• Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital Founders Circle Member
• Opportunity Green Board of Advisors
• Women for Women Board Member
• French Heritage Society Santa Barbara Chapter Chair
• PS Arts Co-Founder and Board Member
• Ketchum Public Relations Green Advisor
• Eco-Spokeswomen for Clorox
• St. Andrews school in Middletown, Delaware Board Member
• Los Angeles Women’s Foundation Board Member
• Medium (Contributor)
• The Huffington Post (Contributor)
• Santa Barbara Magazine: Eco Essentials (Published Spring 2014)
• LA Confidential (Ongoing, 4 contributions to date)
o Green Fashion in LA o Green Holiday Ideas o Information about Green celebrities o Green Home Ideas
• Forbes Online (Published March 2008)
• iVillage (Published 2007
• NBC “Green Week” Evening News (Los Angeles Market, November 2009)
• KTLA Morning News (Los Angeles Market, March 2008, Gay presented her favorite ideas for having a green Easter
• ABC 7 View From the Bay (San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose Markets, December 2007) Gay presented her favorite ideas for making a green Holiday
• Green 960 AM (San Francisco Market, March 2007) Gay presented her favorite ideas for having a green St. Patricks Day
• Has also appeared on the following:
o CNN Local Headline news in LA (January 2008) o NBC 11 News: The Bay Area Today (November 2007) o KTTV Good Day LA (April 2007) o Good Morning America (December 2006)
• The Guardian: “‘Wild West’ of Eco-Labels: Sustainability Claims Are Confusing To Consumers” (Published July 2014)
• Santa Barbara Magazine: Eco Essentials (Published Spring 2014)
• Various media outlets that have featured Greenopia content, the ones in bold have run an especially large number of Greenopia research pieces:
o USA Today, NBC, CNBC, ABC, iVillage, Fox News, Reuters, CBS, The
Economist, The Discovery Channel, AOL, Yahoo!, New York Daily News, New York Times, SF Chronicle, Denver Post, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, Fast Company, Autoblog, TreeHugger, The Daily Green, The Huffington Post, MNN, Travel & Leisure, and hundreds of other leading media outlets. The BBC has also featured several Greenopia studies. o Greenopia content has also been featured on radio shows in several major
markets across the US and dozens of trade magazines. Finally, the results of our studies have been touted by dozens of major corporations who have been the subject of our studies.
• Greenopia Cooperate Acknowledgments:
o Ikea o Virgin America In Flight Manual o Sunco Oil Company o Jetta Volkswagen “Canada” Brochure (2009) o Honest Tea
• Center for Environmental Health Women Leading Green Moderator (December 2018)
• Green Inaugural Ball, Speaker (January 2009)
• CA NOW Women’s State Conference, Invited Speaker (April 2008)
• Women’s Leader Forum, Invited Speaker (October 2008)
• USDA Forest Service 2008 Sustainable Operations Summit, Invited Keynote Speaker (November 2008)
• Opportunity Green, Women Leaders of Sustainability, Panel Moderator (November 2007)
• LunaFest, “film festival by, for, about women,” Speaker (February 2007)
• Leaders in Sustainability, UCLA Graduate Class, Guest Speaker (February 2008)
• Young Women’s Social Entrepreneurs, Guest Speaker (February 2008)
• Participates in art restoration around the world
• Yearly service trips with her children around the world to date: Peru, Ghana, Cambodia, and Tanzania
• Built the first green home in the Pacific Palisades in 1994
• Mission is to educate consumers on how to lead a healthier life and leave a lighter footprint on the earth
• Loves to hike, play tennis, and golf, does yoga and meditate
Hassanatou Barry is the passionate Founder of The Babysitter Guru, online consultation and resource platform for all babysitters. Hassanatou is herself a professional babysitter and caretaker, with over 7 years of experience under her belt and families whose lives she has made easier.
Early on in her babysitting career, Hassanatou realized there weren't enough credible resources to provide caregivers and parents with information that would be useful. That's when Hassanatou compiled her years of experience and knowledge into helping new-age babysitters gain a footing in the fast-evolving childcare industry. Add to this her sharp business acumen and entrepreneurial skills, she launched The Babysitter Guru.
Currently, Hassanatou is busy running her own consulting business, creating a babysitting course from scratch and speaking at events for parents seeking childcare options. In addition to that, she manages to babysit during date nights for countless families throughout the New York City area.
Check out what parents think of The Babysitter Guru herself, by clinking the link: https://thebabysitterguru.com/testimonials/ "
Bio coming soon